Three Bean & Roasted Corn Salad
Perfect as a side dish to any meal or as a light salad on hot days! The Lemon Thyme Vinaigrette goes perfectly with it.
1 cup Cooked Green Beans
1 can Garbanzo Beans
1 can Red Kidney Beans
1 cup Roasted Corn ( I used Frozen Organic from Wholefoods)
1/3 cup finely chopped Red Onion
2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Thyme
1 tsp of Tarragon
1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
Juice from half a Lemon
1 tsp of Beefree Honee
1/4 Grape Seed Oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Trim the ends of the Green Beans and cut them in half or thirds before boiling them in salted water. They should cook for about 3-4 minutes. You want them to still be a bit firm and have their beautiful bright green color. Rinse them in cold water to stop the cooking process.
2. Rinse the Garbanzo & Red Beans well and in a large bowl mix them together with the cooked Green Beans and defrosted Roasted Corn (if using frozen)
3. Add in the chopped Onion and Parsley and mix well.
4. To make the dressing: mix together all the ingredients except the oil. While whisking, add in the oil until everything is well combined.
5. Pour over the dressing and mix well.
6. Serve at room temp or slightly chilled.