Grilled Veggie Sandwich
I can’t even begin to tell you how yummy this sandwich is! There is so much flavor packed between two delciously grilled slices of sourdough bread and it all starts with grilled veggies.
Makes 2 Sandwiches
4 Slices of Hearty Sourdough Bread
1 Tbsp of melted Vegan Butter
1 Large Organic Zucchini
1-2 Roasted Red Peppers ( I used the jarred kind from Trader Joe’s)
1 Large Organic Portabello Mushroom Cap
1 cup Mixed Salad Greens
1/2 cup Sprouts ( I used alfalfa Sprouts from Fulleifresh)
Garlic Spread ( I used one from Trader Joe’s but you can make your own by combining 1/3 cup Vegan Mayo and a finely minced Garlic Clove, squeeze of Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper)
1 tsp of Aged Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Fresh Thyme
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 tsp of high heat Oil for roasting
1. Slice the Zucchini lengthwise into thin slices. Lightly coat with oil, fresh Thyme, Salt & Pepper and roast at 350 for about 15 minutes or until tender
2. Add the Portabello Mushroom to a hot grill pan and as it cooks add the Balsamic Vinegar. Make sure to cook on both sides for about 2 -3 minutes each
3. Brush the Sourdough with a bit of melted butter and grill both sides until the bread is lightly toasted and you have nice grill marks on each side
4. Assemble the Sandwiches by spreading the Garlic Spread on all 4 pieces of bread. Layer the Lettuce, Sprouts, Zucchini, and divide the Roasted Red Pepper and Portabello Mushroom between each.
5. Serve with Peppers & Olives for a full mediterranean inspired meal!