Spaghetti Squash with Meat Sauce
Have you tried Spaghetti Squash? It’s pretty cool how once it’s cooked it resembles the strands of spaghetti. Perfect for when you want to change things up and have a lighter meal but still want pasta!
1 Medium -Large Spaghetti Squash
1 Package of Beef-less Grounds ( I used one from Trader Joe’s but you can use Gardein or Beyond Meat crumbles)
1/2 Small Onion
3 Garlic cloves
1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
Pinch of Red Chili Flakes
1 tsp of Oregano
2 Bay Leaves
1 can of Chopped Tomatoes
1 can of Tomato Sauce
2 tsp of Aged Balsamic Vinegar ( Aged is a bit sweeter)
1/3 cup grated Vegan Parmesan ( I use Violife or Follow Your Heart brands)
1. Bake the Spaghetti Squash whole at 375 for about 25 minutes or until you are able to pierce the skin easily
2. Let it cool enough to be able to handle and slice the squash in half. Remove the seeds with a spoon and drizzle a bit of Oil, and season with Salt & Pepper and bake cut side up at 375 for 15 -20 minutes or until completely tender.
3. Once the Squash has cooled slightly, using a fork, scrape out the flesh of the squash. You’ll see how it resembles Spaghetti.
4. While the Squash is baking begin the sauce by sautéing the Onion and Garlic until the onions are translucent.
5. Add in the Beef-less Crumbles and herbs and spices and continue to cook on med-low heat for about 5-10 minutes
6. Add in the Chopped Tomatoes and Tomato Sauce, cover and leet simmer for about 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
7. Add in the grated Parmesan Cheese and Balsamic Vinegar and reseason with Salt & Pepper as need. Let simmer for 15 minutes before serving