Cheesy Tofu Scramble Breakfast Sandwich
A great Breakfast of Tofu Scramble with Cheese, Hashbrowns and Sausage Patties all neatly packed onto a Multigrain English Muffin!
The recipe makes enough Tofu Scramble for 4 sandwiches or more to serve on the side.
1 Package of Extra Firm Tofu ( I use wholefoods organic 365 brand)
1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
1/4 tsp of Smoked Paprika
1/2 tspof Kala Namak or Black Salt (gives it the eggy flavor from sulphur)
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Brekafast Sausage Patties (I like Gardein)
2 Hashbrowns ( I used Trader Joe’s)
2 Slices of Vegan Cheese ( I like these: Follow Your Heart, Chao, Violife, Good Planet Foods & Whole Foods Brand)
2 English Muffins toasted
Hot Sauce or Ketchup to taste
1. Let the Tofu sit for about 10 minutes to drain
2. Mash the Tofu with a Fork until it resembles large pieces of scrambles “egg”
3. Add in the Turmeric, Black Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt & Pepper and mix well.
4.Cook the Tofu on Med-High heat until firm and it has become slighlty drier, about 10 minutes. Just before it’s finished cooking add in the Cheese and let it melt throughout the Tofu
5. Bake the Hashbrowns and Sausage Patties according to package directions
6. Toast the English Muffin or bread of choice and spread a bit of Vegan Butter on them. Then assemble the Sandwiches.
7. Add Hot Sauce or Ketchup if desired