Creamy Alfredo Orecchiette with Peas & Shiitake Bacon
I used Whole Grain Orecchiette pasta but you can use whichever shape you like .
1. Boil the potato, onion and garlic for about 15 minutes or until the potato is tender.
2. In a high speed blender, combine the cooked veggies, a cup of the cooking water and the soaked cashews and blend until smooth
3. Add the nutritional yeast, Liquid Aminos and spices with an additional 1/2 cup of water if needed and continue to blend
4. Check for seasoning and consistency and pour over cooked Pasta and Peas add the Shiitake Bacon
Shitake Bacon Ingredients
6-8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms rehydrated in warm water (reserve water for marinade)
1 1/2 tsp of Liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
1 tsp of Nutritional Yeast
2 tsp of @sanjtamari Tamari
Shitake Bacon Directions
1. 6-8 Dried Shiitake Mushrooms rehydrated in warm water (reserve water for marinade)
2. Hydrate the Mushrooms in warm water and discard a little less than half the liquid. Slice the mushrooms and return to soaking liquid.
3. Add the seasonings to the Mushrooms, mix well and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or for 24 hrs
4. Grill the Mushrooms until all the water is out of them and add to the Pasta .