Watermelon Granita with Yuzu
Granita is a partially frozen dessert. Think Italian Ice. They are so simple to make, delicious and very refreshing!
This recipe calls for Yuzu Juice which is a Japanese Citrus. It can sometimes be found in the Asian aisle of the grocery store or in specialty markets. It can easily be subtituted with fresh Lime Juice.
4 cups of Watermelon chunks
1/3 cup Cane Sugar
1/4 cup Yuzu Juice or lime Juice
1. Blend all of the ingredients well. It should yield about 2 cups of liquid
2. Pour through a strainer
3. Pour the liquid mixture into a shallow pan or glass baking dish and place in the freezer
4. Every 30-40 minutes use a fork stir or break apart the ice crystals that formed
5. Repeat this 4-5 times or until the mixture resembles a firm slush
6. Serve immediately or keep mixing until ready to serv