Shrimp Fried Rice
I love making Fried Rice dishes because it’s a great way to use up leftover rice. It’s been fun Veganizing a Shrimp version. If you search Fried Rice here on the site, you'll find delicious options made with Veggies and with Vegan Chicken. This recipe can be made with leftover take out rice or made fresh with White or Brown Rice. Also feel free to add in any type of veggies you like.
4 cups of cooked Jasmine Rice
1 package Vegan Shrimp ( I use All Vegetarian Inc)
2 cloves of Garlic
Large Knob of fresh Ginger (about 1 1/2 Tbsp)
2 Green Onions sliced
1 1/2 cups of frozen Peas & Carrots
1/2 bottle of Just Egg
1 cup of Bean Sprouts
2 Tbsp of Light Tamari ( I use San-J)
1 tsp of Marukan Rice Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
Toasted Sesame OIl for sautéing
1. Sauté the finely chopped Ginger and Garlic in the Toasted Sesame Oil for a few minutes.
2. Add in the Shrimp that has been sliced in half lengthwise and then again in half
3. Sauté the mix for about 5-10 minutes on med - low heat and add in the whites of the Green Onions and continue to cook for a few minutes. Set aside.
4. Scramble the Just Egg and set aside.
5. In the same pan, add in the Cooked Rice and 1 Tbsp of the Tamari and heat through on med-low heat
6. Add the Shrimp mixture and thawed Veggies and mix well
7. Add in the scrambled Just Egg, additonal Tbsp of Tamari and Rice Vinegar and mix well
8. Lastly, add in the Bean Sprouts and heat the entire mixture. Scrape up any of the rice that has stuck to the pan. Season with Salt & Pepper and garnish with the Greens from the Green Onions