Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
This a great way to make a meal out of a Sweet Potato! I love Sautéed Veggies and I love Sweet Potatoes so naturally the two were super yummy together. I used Dino Kale, Baby Broccoli and Shiitake Mushrooms but feel free to use whichever veggies you like. Everything is drizzled with an easy to make and delicious Cashew Cream.
2 Sweet Potatoes (Any variety of but I really like Garnet Yams)
1 Bunch Dino Kale
1 Package of Shiitake Mushrooms
2 Bunches Baby Broccoli
2 tsp of Liquis Aminos ( I use Bragg’s you can sub Light Soy Sauce or Tamari))
1 tsp of Onion Powder
2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1 tsp of Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Chili Paste (optional)
1/2 cup Raw Cashews
1/3 cup plus Nutritional Yeast
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Onion Powder
1 tp of Liquid Aminos ( you can sub Light Soy Sauce / Tamari)
Pepper to taste
1. To start: Soak the Cashews for the Cashew Cream in enough hot water to cover them for at least 30 minutes. Rinse and blend them with the rest of the cream ingredients until smooth. Set aside or refrigerate until needed.
2. Bake the Sweet Potatoes at 375 for 1 hour or until a fork easily slides through
2. While the Potatoes are baking Sauté the Vegetable mixture with a little bit of Liquid Aminos, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chili Paste, Rice Vinegar, Salt & Pepper) until tender but still vibrant in color
3. Let the baked Sweet Potatoes cool slightly before cutting into lengthwise
4. If desired, add a bit of Vegan Butter before adding a generous serving of sautéed Veggies.
5. Drizzle the Cashew Cream over top and serve.