Broccoli and Cheese Rice A Roni
This is a perfect example of Veganizing old favorites. This was a favorite of mine as a kid and then again in college. It’s a mix of rice and pasta in a flavorful broth sometimes with cheese and veggies like broccoli
2/3 cups @lundbergfarms Jasmine Rice
2/3 cup Thin Spaghetti cut into 1” pieces
2 Tbsp of @earthbalance Buttery Spread
1/2 cup finely chopped frozen Broccoli
1/3 cup @bragglivefoodproducts Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp of dry No Chicken Broth
1 tsp @betterthanbouillon Garlic Base
1 tsp @bragglivefoodproducts Amino Acids
1/2 tsp of Onion Salt
1 tsp of Onion Powder
3 - 3 1/2 Cups of Water as needed
Pepper to taste
1. On Medium heat, sauté the rice and pasta in the butter along with the garlic base and dry no chicken broth
2. Make sure to keep mixing. You don’t want it to burn but very light browning is ok.
3. Once the pasta and rice are toasty, add in 1/2 cup of warm water at a time and mix well. You want to keep adding the water as it gets absorbed
4. While it’s still cooking add in the nutritional Yeast, spices and broccoli and continue to stir and add water.
5. You may need more or less than the 3 cups of water. Taste the rice and pasta for doneness.
6. Keep cooking on low heat until creamy