Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup
2 Small Potatoes
1/4 of an Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1/3 cups @bragglivefoodproducts Nutritional Yeast
2 tsps of @bragglivefoodproducts Liquid Aminos
1/2 tsp @sarifoodscompany Turmeric Powder
3/4 cups @terrasoul Raw Cashews
4 Cups Broccoli Florets
1/2 cup @elmhurst1925 Cashew Milk
1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp of Thyme
1 tsp of @betterthanbouillon Vegetable Base
1 cup shredded @violifeamerica Cheese (I used a blend of Cheddar, Provolone & Parmesan)
2 cups Water
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Soak Cashews in Hot water for at least 30 minutes. Rinse and set aside.
2. Boil the Carrot, Onion and Potato for about 15 minutes or until completely tender.
3. Blend the Shredded Cheese, Carrot, Onion and Potato with the Nutritional Yeast, Turmeric Powder, Liquid Aminos, Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper, a cup of the cooking liquid and the Soaked Cashews until smooth and creamy.
4. In a large pot sautéed the Garlic and Broccoli with the Thyme for a few minutes before adding the Cheese mixture, Cashew Milk and water.
5. Let simmer on med low for about 30 minutes until Soup has thickened and Broccoli is tender.