Veggie Pad Thai with Crispy Tofu
Pad Thai is probably the most ordered Thai dish in America! Most people wouldn’t make it at home but it’s actually pretty easy and you don’t have to worry about it being Vegan friendly casue it’s completely Vegan down to the Vegan Fysh Sauce!!
2 Packages of Ocean’s Halo Rice Noodles or about 6 oz
1/2 Red Bell Pepper sliced thin
4 Green Onions
1 1/3 cups of Bean Sprouts
1/2 block extra firm Tofu or about 5 oz ( I use Wildwood Super Firm Sprouted because theres no need to press it)
2/3 cup Roasted Unsalted Peanuts
3 1/2 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce or Tamari
1 tsp of Water
2 tsp of Vegan Fish Sauce ( I used Tofuna Fysh Sauce )
2 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste
2 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar ( I used Terrasoul)
1 -2 tsp of Sriracha ( I love the date sweetened Organic one from Yellow Bird)
2 cloves of Garlic finely minced
Handful of chopped Cilantro
1 Lime cut into Wedges
1. Prepare the Sauce first by combining the Soy Sauce, Tamarind Paste, Vegan Fish Sauce, Sriracha, Coconut Sugar, Minced Garlic and Water. Whisk the ingredients until the suagr has discolved and everything is well combined. Set side.
2. Cut the Tofu into small cubes and pan fry them on med heat until crsipy. Set Aside
2. In the same Pan on Med- Low heat, sauté the Red Pepper and Green Onions ( reserve the greens from one onion for garnish)
3. While you are sautéing the Pepper and Onions, soak the Rice Noodles in hot water for about 5-8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
4. Turn the heat up to med-high and pour in the sauce. Let it reduce for a minute before adding in the Noodles
5. Mix the Noodles into the Sauce and add in the Crispy Tofu, 2/3 cup Bean Sprouts and 1/2 cup of the Peanuts and mix well and continue to cook.
6. Lower the heat, toss in a bit of Cilantro and cook for another 3-5 minutes before serving.
7. Serve with remaining Peanuts that have been finely chopped, Greens from the Onions, Bean Sprouts, Cliantro, Lime wedges and of course more Sriracha!