Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
This is one of those recipes that makes me feel nostalgic for my mom’s cooking. These are just how she used to make them but Veganized! I promise they will fill your kitchen and house with the most amazing aroma!
Large Head of Green Cabbage
Package of @beyondmeat Beyond Burger
1/2 Block of @lightlifefoods Tempeh Crumbled
3/4 Cup @lundbergfarms Cooked Brown Rice
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
2 Garlic Cloves
Can of Tomato Sauce
Can of Diced Tomatoes
5 Tsp of Light Brown Sugar
2 Tbsps of Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
Water if needed
1. Sauté 1/2 the Onion and 1 Clove of Garlic until Onion is translucent.
2. In the pan with the onion and garlic, crumble the Burgers and brown them along with the Tempeh, Spices, and Worcestershire sauce.
3. Mix the cooked rice into the the burger and tempeh mixture and set aside to cool
4. Core the entire head of Cabbage and put it in a large pot of boiling water for about 8-10 minutes. Set it aside to drain and let cool.
5. In a Sauce pan sauté the remaining Onion & Garlic add the Tomato Sauce and Tomatoes, more Worcestershire and the Sugar and let simmer. Add water if needed to thin the sauce
6. Once the cabbage has cooled, roll up each Cabbage Leaf with a heaping Tablespoon of the filling.
7. Place all the rolls in a baking dish and cover with the sauce.
8. You can cover the Rolls with any extra cabbage leaves. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes at 375.
9. Turn down the oven to 350 and continue to cook for another 30 minutes.
The cabbage will be completely cooked and really tender.