Lemon Chicken Piccata
I added a twist to traditional Piccata by using mushrooms, but that’s the fun thing about cooking you can change things up to suite you! Served with a Lemon Pepper flavored rice alternative made from veggies called Right Rice
Makes 2 servings
1 Package of Gardein Chicken Scallopini
3 Tbsp of Vegan Butter
2 tsp of Capers
2 Tbsp of Chopped Parsley
Optional: 1 cup of White Mushrooms or 1 small can of Mushrooms
1/3 cup of Fresh Lemon Juice
2-4 thin slices of Lemon ( for flavor and garnish)
1/2 -1 tsp of Beefree Honee to balance the acidity from the Lemon
Optional: 1/3 cup Dry White Wine
I didn't dredge the Chicken through Flour which is typical for the recipe. If you want to, use about 1/2 cup Flour seasoned with Salt & Pepper. Dredge each Chicken Cutlet through the flour before sautéing in the melted Butter.
1. In a large skillet on Med-High heat, melt 2 Tbsp of Vegan Butter and brown the thawed Chicken on both sides. Remove and set aside.
2. Lower the heat to med-low and add in the additional Tbsp of Butter, Capers, Mushrooms, Lemon Slices and Lemon Juice and let simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken. If using Wine, add it now. Check for acidity and add the Beefree Honee if it’s too tart.
3. Add the Chicken back to the pan and add in the chopped Parsley.
4. Heat through while basting the Chicken with the sauce
5. Serve with Rice or Pasta of Choice