Chicken Pot Pie Over Biscuits
This awesome Chicken Pot Pie filling can also be used in the tradtional way with a bottom and top crust or with a Puff Pastry Topping.
1/2 Package of Butler Foods Soy Curls ( you can use any Vegan Chicken options, I like Gardein and Quorn as well)
Water for Soaking
1/2 Small Onion
2 Cloves of garlic
1 Large Carrot
1 Medium Red or Gold Potato
1/2 cup Frozen Peas
2 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp of Vegan Butter (I used Earth Balance)
1 1/2 cups of Unsweetened Nut Milk ( I used Silk Cashew Milk)
1 1/2 tsp of Poultry Seasoning ( I like Frontier Organics)
1 1/2 tsp of Thyme
2 tsp of Braggs Liquid Aminos (you can use Tamari)
1 1/2 tsp of Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Pkg of Immaculate Baking Company Biscuits
1. Soak the Soy Curls in hot water. Add a 1/2 tsp of the poutry seasoning into the water and let sit for about 10-15 minutes
2. Chop all the veggies (except the peas) into small bite size cube shaped pieces or diced.
3. Saute the Onion & Garlic until onions are translucent.
4. Add in the Carrots, Potatoes and spices with a bit of water and continue to cook on medium low heat for about 10 minutes
5. Add the Butter to the same pan as the veggies and once melted add in the flour. Make sure to stir well to help cook the flour and get rid of any lumps.
6. Slowly add in the Nut Milk a little at a time while continuing to stir the mixture. Keep stiring until a nice gravy / sauce has formed
7. Gently squeeze the excess water from the Soy Curls and in a seprate pan, grill them until lightly browned. Feel free to add Salt, Pepper and a bit more Poultry Seasoning while they cook.
8. Add the Frozen Peas and the cooked Soy Curls to the veggie mixture as well as the Liquid Aminos and Worcestershire Sauce and heat through for about 5-8 minutes
9. Pour over Biscuits or Rice or use as a traditional filling for Pot Pie.
Tip: You can make a simple pie dough, use a store bought pie crust or even Puff Pastry (Pepperidge Farms is Vegan)