White Bean Sausage and Kale Soup 2.0
There is something so yummy and comforting about the combination of Beans, Sausage and Greens. I’ve made this recipe before but with just a few delicious adjusments it’s better than ever!
1 Package of Beyond Meat Sausage
2 cans of Cannellini or other soft White Beans
1/2 Small Onion
2 Small Red Potatoes chopped
2 Cups Chopped Kale
2 Cloves of Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
2 tsp of Umami Seasoning ( I use the Trader Joe’s Brand)
1 tsp of Thyme
1 1/2 tsp of Tarragon
1 tsp of No Beef Bouillon Base ( I like Better than Bouillon)
6 cups of Water
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 cups of Fresh Basil Leaves
1/3 cup Pine Nuts
1/2 cup grated Parmesan ( I like Violife & Follow Your Heart brands)
1/2 tsp of Salt
Pepper to taste
2 cloves of Garlic
1/3 - 1/2 cup of good Organic Oil (I used grapeseed )
1. Slice the Sausage on the diagonal and then sauté it to brown on each side.
2. Add in the Chopped Onions, Garlic and Potatoes and continue to sauté on med - low heat.
3. Add in the herbs and seasonings and some of the water to prevent the mixture from drying out
4. Add in the drained and rinsed Cannellini Beans and the rest of the Water and cook for about 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender
5. Add in the chopped Kale, check the seasoning for Salt & Pepper and cook for another 15 minutes.
6. To make the Pesto; Pulse all the ingredients (except the Oil) in a food processor until well chopped. With the processor on, drizzle the Oil in until it resembles a smooth paste.
7. Serve the soup with a dollop or two of the Pesto