Late Night Nachos
These are jam packed Nachos. They are Meaty, Beany and Creamy!! I call them late night cause they don’t have to look pretty but just be super loaded and satisfying. I used Beyond’s new Meatless Ground but you can use any plant based beef / crumble you like. It’’s all about the layers. Chips, Meatless Beef, Cheese, Beans, Cheese, Sour Cream, Red Onions, Salsa and Jalapeños.
Tortilla Chips (enough for two servings)
16 oz Beefless Grounds ( I used Beyond)
1/2 can Refried Beans
1 1/2 cups grated Vegan Cheese ( I like Follow Your Heart, Violife & Wholefoods Brand)
1 tsp of Onion Powder
1 tsp of Cumin
1 tsp of Garlic Powder
Salt & Pepper to taste
1/2 cup Salsa
1 slice of Red Onion finely chopped
1/2 cup Vegan Sour Cream
1. Brown the Meatless Ground seasoned with the Onion POwder, Garlic POwder, Cumin, Salt & Pepper.
2. On a small sheet pan spread out a double layer of Tortilla Chips.
3. Spoon out the cooked Beef over the chips
4. Add a layer of shreeded Cheese
5. Spoon out the Refried Beans that have been heated up
6. Broil the Nachos at 500 for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt
7. Add more Cheese, dollops of Sour Cream and Salsa. Add the chopped Onion and Jalapeños and serve