Creamy Buckwheat Ramen with Crispy Tofu
I love this soup! The broth is amazingly rich and creamy... made with sunflower seeds and goes perfect with the crispy tofu.
Serve with @kigsobanoodleculture buckwheat ramen noodles, shiitake mushrooms sugar snap peas, crispy tofu, chili paste & green onions.
1/2 cup @go_raw Sprouted Sunflower Seeds
3 cups Water
Knob of Ginger finely chopped
2 Cloves of Garlic Finely chopped
1 piece of Kombu (seaweed)
2 Tbsp of @coldmountainmiso Mellow Red Miso
2 tsp of @sanjtamari Tamari
2 tsp of @bragglivefoodproducts Liquid Aminos
1 tsp of @edenfoods Ume Plum Vinegar
2 tsp Garlic Chili Paste
Broth from rehydrating dried Shiitake Mushrooms
1. Rehydrate 8 Shiitake Mushrooms in hot water for 30 minutes . Reserve water for ramen broth
2. Soak Sunflower Seeds in hot water for 30 minutes then rinse and drain them
3. Blend the mushroom liquid, Sunflower Seeds and Miso Paste in a high speed blender until creamy
4. In a pot add the Sunflower Seed mixture along with 3 cups of water, Kombu, white part of the green onion, ginger, garlic, rehydrated mushrooms and seasonings and simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add the sugar snap peas to the pot and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes before adding the precooked Ramen Noodles
6. On medium low heat simmer an additional 10 minutes and remove Kombu before serving.
* Tofu was cubed and marinated in soy sauce before crisping up in a skillet