Turmeric Roasted Corn Chowder
I happen to love turmeric in everything! It’s so good for fighting inflammation, helps with digestion and that golden color!!
2 Cups Frozen or Fresh
Roasted Corn Kernels
2 Medium Gold Potatoes
1/2 Medium Onion
3 Garlic Cloves
3 Ribs of Celery
4 cups of Water
1 tsp @betterthanbouillon Garlic Base
1/4 tsp Dill
1/4 tsp of Thyme
1/4 tsp of Tarragon
1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
2 tsps of @sarifoodscompany Turmeric
2 Bay Leaves
2 tsps of @bragglivefoodproducts Amino Acids
1/2 cup Soaked Raw Cashews
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Soak the Cashews in hot water and set aside while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
2. Sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes along with the @betterthanbouillon Garlic Base and a bit of water to keep everything from sticking for about 10 minutes on a medium heat
4. Add in all the herbs and spices except the Turmeric and add the water and simmer for about 15 minutes.
5. Blend the Cashews with soaking water until completely creamy and add to the soup.
6. To help thicken the soup, blend about 2 cups of the soup mixture and put it back in the pot (*make sure to not blend the Bay leaves)
7. Add the Turmeric powder and stir well. Let simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes before serving.