Quinoa, Tofu & Veggie Collard Rolls
I’m one of those people that actually likes raw collard greens used for wraps / rolls. Some people give them a quick blanche in warm water which softens them a bit. I find really fresh Collard leaves to be soft enough and delicoius, just remember to cut out the thick stem. The great thing about making Collard rolls is that you can use whichever veggies / grains you have on hand. I served these with a really yummy Peanut Sauce.
4 medium -large Collard Leaves destemed
1 1/2 cups Cooked Quinoa
1/3 Yellow Pepper cut into strips
1/3 Orange Pepper cut into strips
1/2 a med Cucumber peeled and cut into strips
1 1/2 cups of Sprouts
1/2 block of Extra Firm Tofu that’s been grilled and cut into strips ( I like Wildwood High Protein because you don’t need to press it)
1/3 cup fresh Mint Leaves
1/3 cup fresh Thai Basil Leaves ( you can also use regular Basil )
1 Tbsp of Hemp Seeds
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp of Organic Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp of Light Tamari ( I use San-J) You can also use Light Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp of Water
1/2 Tbsp of Beefree Honee
1 tsp of Rice Vinegar
1 tsp of Chili Paste
(mix all the ingredients together well)
Cut 1/2 block of Tofu into slices and marinate them in a little bit of liquid smoke, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper and a bit of Liquid Aminos or Soy Sauce.
Refrigerate for at least an hour or longer
Pan fry them until slightly firm on both sides
1. Mix together all the ingredients for the Peanut Sauce and set aside.
2. Cook the Quinoa according to package directions and set aside to cool
3. Grill the marianted Tofu and cut into strips
4. Prep the rest of your Veggies by cutting them into strips.
5. Wash the Collard leaves and remove the thickest part of the stem
6. To make the Rolls: Lay the inside (dull side) of the Collard on a flat surface facing up and the stem end facing away from you.
7. Place about a Tbsp or two of the Quinoa then some sprouts. Layer in a few pieces of the Peppers, Cucumber and Tofu. Add in some Mint & Basil Leaves. Season with Salt & Pepper and roll the wrap by folding in the sides as you roll away from you.
8. Cut in half, sprinkle with Hemp Seeds and serve with the Peanut Sauce.