Grilled Veggie Salad
There is an epic Grilled Veggie Sandwich on here but for those of you who prefer less carbs in the form of bread this is for you! This makes a great Summer Salad with all the grilling you’ll be doing and if not now you have the best reason to grill.
Makes one generous salad to share or not!
1 1/2 cups Mixed Baby Greens
1 Fire Roasted Red Pepper ( I use the onesin the jar)
1 Large Portabello Cap
3-4 smallish Rainbow Carrots
1 Medium Zucchini
1/2 cup of any cooked grains ( I used a QuinoabBlend made with Carrots and Peas)
1/2 an Avocado
Tbsp of Capers
Tbsp of Kalamata Olives
a couple of Pepperoncini
1/4 of Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds
Salt & Pepper to taste
2 Tsp of Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 cup Garlic Spread from Trader Joe’s thinned with 2 tsp of Water
Make your own by combining 1/3 cup Vegan Mayo, clove of Garlic minced, juice from 1/2 a small Lemon, Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Thinly slice the Zucchini lengthwise, coat with a bit of Oil, Thyme, Salt Pepper and then roast it along with the Rainbow Carrots at 375 for about 15 minutes or until tender
2. Grill the Portabello with a bit of Balsamic Vinegar on each side
3. Assemble the Salad with the Lettuce and Sprouts first and then layer in the roasted Veggies and Grains.
4. Add any additional items like the Avocado, Olives, Capers, Peppers and Seeds
5. Season with a bit of Salt & Pepper and serve with Dressing