Gnocchi in Creamy Pomodoro Sauce
This sauce is deliciously decadent and easy to make. The addition of soaked Cashews is what makes the sauce super creamy and rich.
Package of Potato Gnocchi ( I found an organic brand called Bella Terra in Whole Foods but there are many other Vegan ones around)
1 Can Organic San Marzano Tomatoes
1/2 cup Soaked Raw Cashews ( I use Terrasoul Mylk Cashews)
1/3 - 1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1/2 Small Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
2 tsp of Oregano
1 tsp of Thyme
2 Tbsp of Chopped Basil
Pinch of Red Chili Flakes
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Soak the Cashews in hot water for at least 30 minutes.
2. Sauté the Onion and Garlic until the Onions are translucent
3. Crush or Chop the Tomatoes and add them to the onion garlic mixture. Add in the herbs and cook on med - low heat for about 25 -30 minutes to really cook down
4. Rinse and blend the Cashews along with the Water and Nutritional Yeast until smooth and creamy
5. Add the Cashew Cream to the Sauce, mix well and simmer on low heat for about 10-15 minutes
6. Boil the Gnocchi in salted water for 2 minutes or until they float to the top of the pot
7. Drain the Gnocchi but do not rinse them. You can then add them to the sauce and mix or you can plate the Gnocchi and pour the sauce over.
8. Serve with fresh Basil leaves